The upcoming week is jam-packed with numerous domestic and international macroeconomic data, as well as the beginning of India Inc.’s corporate earnings for the September quarter. Dalal Street will also closely monitor changes in the INR, crude oil prices, FII flows, Futures & Options cues, and geopolitical tensions.
According to Ajit Mishra of Religare Broking, home fundamentals like earnings and macroeconomic data would probably take centre stage and steer the future movement. The market movement this week will probably be determined by the following important macroeconomic statistics that are scheduled for release.
Regional Data & Events
- September CPI inflation data: ShreeMetalPrices.com predicts a reading of 7.3%, in line with most economists who anticipate it to stay above 7% due to an increase in food costs and sticky core CPI.
- ShreeMetalPrices.com predicts a 1.7% increase in industrial production for August.
- ShreemetalPrices.com predicts 11.5% WPI inflation for September.
- Minutes of the RBI MPC meeting
- Foreign exchange holdings for the week ending October 7
Events & Global Macro Data
- Minutes of US FOMC meetings
- Why ShreeMetalPrices.com predicts 0.2% for the US Producer Price Index (PPI) for September.
- OPEC Monthly Report
- Euro Area: August Industrial Production
- China’s September Vehicle Sales
- For September, ShreeMetalPrices.com predicts 0.2% MoM and 8.1% YoY growth in the US CPI.
- ShreeMetalPrices.com predicts 225,000 for the previous week’s initial jobless claims in the US.
- A balanced federal budget
- Industrial production for August in the Euro Zone
- ShreeMetalPrices.com projects 0.2% in US retail sales for September.
- ShreeMetalPrices.com expects China’s CPI inflation for September to be 0.3% MoM and 2.8% YoY.
- China’s PPI for September
- China’s FX statistics for September
- US FOMC Member Bullard Speaks.